Planet Protein FAQ
- ▼What is Planet Protein?
- Planet Protein Inc. is a vegan nutrition company founded in April 2016 by Brenden Fitzgerald, a former USMC infantry leader and overnight vegan. His goal was to provide an active lifestyle product that took into account both the health of our community and of the planet.
- ▼What is Planet Protein's mission?
- “Planet Protein answers the global call for transparency in our food, sustainability in our practice, and ethically sourced clean nutrition.”
- ▼Is Planet Protein committed to the planet?
- In both our personal and professional lives, Planet Protein's squad embodies a lifestyle conducive to our brand message. CEO Brenden leads the way with a daily commitment to a highly sustainable lifestyle, educating others along the way!
- ▼What is the shelf life for Planet Protein's products?
- Our shelf life for our bars is 12 months. Chocolate Magic has a "use by" window of 2 full years.
- ◄Where can I buy Planet Protein’s products?
- We currently ship to you directly through this website! If you’re on foot, check out our store locator for a shelf near you.
- ◄What is the handling time for my purchase?
- Our handling time is 1-3 days prior to shipment. Purchases made after 5PM EST will enter the process the next business day.
- ◄Does Planet Protein ship internationally?
- Currently we provide service to Canada, and offer carrier calculated shipping across the globe!
- ◄What are Planet Points?
- Planet Points are our spiffy way of titling our rewards system. We offer Planet Points in exchange for purchases, birthdays, signup, referrals, and through our new Recycling Program. Just create an account and you're off to earning! Sign me up!
- ◄ How much protein should I eat in a sitting?
- Common consensus puts the range between 15-25 grams per sitting. While suggestions vary, these are the most acceptable number’s spread. Planet Protein’s meal bars are a suggested on-the-fly solution if you're out of a dinner, but we suggest giving yourself a break!
- ◄ What is a FODMAP?
- FODMAP is a fancy acronym which stands for “Fermentable oligo, di, mono-saccharides and polyols.” They represent a chain of added sweeteners used commonly in our foods. Known as “sugar alcohols,” they’re the culprit that burns on the way down and turns your stomach. We are proud to have no sugar alcohols in our products, and we never will.
- ◄What is brown rice syrup?
- Brown rice syrup is a healthier alternative to refined sugars and is made by exposing cooked rice to the enzymes that break down the starches into sugars. It is fructose-free, natural, and better for you than cheap refined sugars. It is a complex sugar that takes longer to break down, while the overall inclusion of high fiber, high protein ingredients reduces the overall glycemic impact.
- ◄Why doesn't Planet Protein use sugar alcohols?
- At best, they're indigestible. At worst, they're a laxative. Sugar alcohols are sold due in part to the maligned status of sugar in the public eye, and in part since they do not register on the glycemic index. These mysterious compounds may be tied in part to degenerative issues and even cancers. Even if we ignore all these health concerns, they taste horrible, and burn on the way down. Ever feel a chemical, burn type feeling after eating a protein bar? That's the sugar alcohol!
- ◄What's with the sugar?
- Our proteins, fats, and carbs aren’t all equals, so why would our sugars be?! Our primary sources of sweetness are dates, cherries, and other natural products. Our bars average a range of between a banana and an apple, and are of substantial size, thus lowering the overall impact of the sugar per gram.
- ◄Why doesn’t Planet Protein use palm oil?
- We’re serious about our planet, and we will never cut corners. Palm oil is the ultimate corner cutter. It’s a cheap, unhealthy, highly processed oil whose industry presence is a direct affront to human rights, animal welfare, and environmental stewardship. Palm oil is one of the foremost plagues our planet is currently enduring.
- ◄What are "Natural" Flavors?
- Natural Flavors are the concentrated derivative that lends flavor to an organic source, such as vanilla, chocolate, or peanut butter. These natural flavors are legally permitted to encompass over 100 ingredients in a small bottle, of which ALL fall under the "natural" moniker. Ingredients could include animal products, be sourced from potential allergens, or worse, be a detriment to your long term health.
- ◄Does Planet Protein use any “natural flavors” or preservatives?
- Planet Protein is committed to innovating a full line of products in the years to come without ever compromising to include unnatural preservatives, or bogus flavors.
- ◄Why should I pay a little more for Planet Protein?
- It's quite simple! For the most part in life, you get what you pay for. Not only are our products much cleaner than many of our competitors, our eco-consciousness shines through everything we do - from our recycling program to our compostable wooden scoops. If time is money, and energy drives your time, then do the math and it'll be worth every penny and more!
- ◄Our Shipping and Handling Policy
Shipping and Handling Terms and Conditions
I: Shipping and Handling charges
All shipments unless otherwise specified are based on USPS calculated rates. Shipping and handling charges are added to any shipment under $50 (USA ONLY) and all international orders.
II: Total charges
Shipping is calculated based on your location. All international shipments are insured on us.
III: Eliminating Shipping Charges
Any order over $50 is eligible for free shipping!