Science Behind Reishi 🍄
Reishi, aka Chinese name Lingzhi or “The Mushroom of Immortality”, grows throughout most of the world. There are thousands of scientific studies on Reishi’s health benefits! It is one of the most widely studied and popularized medicinal mushrooms. Our Planet ProTeam loves all sorts of mushrooms: lion's mane, chaga, turkey tail... you name it! But there is something special about Reishi mushroom that sets it apart from the other mushies, which is why we include it in our Chocolate Magic blend. Believe it or not, Reishi has been used for 1,000+ years in medical practice! Whether you believe plants heal or not, there is plentiful research to prove Reishi saves lives.
Some of the commonly known benefits are:
- boost immunity
- treat stress & chronic fatigue
- reduce depression & anxiety
- heal and prevent diabetes, heart disease, and cancer.
How Do You Use It?
All mushrooms should be cooked or extracted before consuming! Reishi is typically dried, powdered, and then steamed under high heat for three hours to activate the mushroom and make the healing compounds bioavailable. In our Chocolate Magic, Reishi is formulated in the most bioavailable way so our Planet Fam gets the best of the best form of this powerful mushie.
Scientific Studies on Reishi?Here are a few we have come across and love! 1. Monitoring of immune responses to a herbal immuno-modulator in patients with advanced colorectal cancer. 2. Ganoderma lucidum ("Lingzhi"), a Chinese medicinal mushroom: biomarker responses in a controlled human supplementation study.
3. Effects of ganopoly (a Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharide extract) on the immune functions in advanced-stage cancer patients.
5. A randomized, double-blind and placebo-controlled study of a Ganoderma lucidum polysaccharide extract in neurasthenia.
6. Study of potential cardioprotective effects of Ganoderma lucidum (Lingzhi): results of a controlled human intervention trial.
What Are You Waiting For?Whether you are looking to heal or prevent sickness, the science shows that Reishi mushroom is here to assist you in your life. We hope you dive into the research & learn the benefits to gain appreciation for this fantastic fungi!